How to Keep Mosquitoes out of Your Yard
Are you tired of mosquitoes taking over your yard every summer? We don’t blame you. Constantly buzzing in your ears and leaving behind unbearably itchy bites on your body, mosquitoes are one of the most irritating pests. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to minimize their presence in your yard.
To keep mosquitoes out of your yard, you should:
- Remove standing water sources such as buckets, birdbaths, overwatered pots, etc.
- Plant mosquito-repelling plants such as lavender, rosemary, and citronella
- Place mosquito-repelling lanterns, candles, or other items around your yard
- Schedule routine pest control
Of course, the best way to reduce mosquito populations in your yard is to bring in a team of professionals. At ValuePest, our Harrisburg mosquito control pros are equipped with high-quality products and tools to effectively eliminate mosquitoes and prevent them from coming back.
Do I Have Termites?
Causing upwards of $5 billion in property damage each year, termites are easily one of the most dreaded pests. These tiny insects are known to make their way into a home and eat away at its structure for years before they are ever discovered. In order to avoid dealing with extensive damage, it is always a good idea to familiarize yourself with the signs of an infestation.
Signs of a termite infestation include:
- Visibly damaged or hollowed wood
- Quiet clicking sounds behind your walls
- Tunnels of mud along the foundation of your home
- Winged termites around windows or doors
- Piles of shed wings near windows or doors
- Small piles of droppings that look like pepper
- Blisters in wood flooring
If one or more of the above signs apply to you, call our Harrisburg termite control professionals right away. We understand how overwhelming a termite infestation can be, which is why we are here to make the treatment process as straightforward and efficient as possible.
Signs You Need to Schedule Pest Control
Pests are great at hiding from and avoiding people, which can make identifying an infestation rather difficult. In order to best protect your home, it is a good idea to learn the different signs of a pest infestation. That way, you can bring in a team of pest control specialists to take care of the infestation before the damage becomes severe.
You need to schedule Harrisburg pest control if:
- Your pets are behaving erratically (i.e., staring, barking, meowing, or pawing at certain areas for no apparent reason)
- You find droppings in your home
- You discover dead pests
- Your wiring, curtains, clothing, furniture, insulation, wooden flooring, or any other part of your home has been chewed on or eaten
- Your home has a musty odor you can’t seem to get rid of
- You can hear strange squeaking, tapping, scampering, or scurrying noises at night
No matter how big or small, our team is prepared to handle your infestation. Give us a call and we will carefully inspect your home, assess the severity of your pest problem, and implement the best possible solution.