Protecting Homes Since 1989
Cockroaches are among the most common insect pests. They say for every cockroach you find in your home during the day, there are thousands more hiding behind the walls. If you have a cockroach infestation, turn to ValuePest. Since 1989, we have delivered pest control the way it should be.
What You Should Know About Cockroaches
Cockroaches have been around for nearly 350 million years. They come in many sizes from very small to several inches long. Only a few cockroach species found in the U.S. routinely enter and infest homes. The top 95% are German, America, Oriental, and Brownbanded cockroaches.
Most cockroaches are tropical in origin, generally living outdoors. They are mostly active at night, when they forage for food and water, and search for mates. Cockroaches prefer a moist environment and high degree of warmth and most are attracted to light. These scavengers love unsanitary areas like garbage cans, wood piles, sewage systems, and septic tanks. Cockroaches prefer to stay in cracks and crevices in which they can hide from predators.
Cockroaches have a “gradual metamorphosis,” which means they have a three-stage life cycle: egg, nymph, and adult.
The females produce an egg capsule, called an ootheca, which has two rows of eggs inside. Once hatched, the nymphs generally resemble the adults but smaller in size. As they grow, the nymphs shed their skins or “molt” several times while growing into larger adult cockroaches.
Adult cockroaches spend their time foraging for food and producing more cockroaches.
Getting Started Is Easy
3 Easy Steps to a Pest-Free Life
Schedule Your Next Service
Our service experts will schedule a bi-monthly visit to perform our treatments.
Sit Back & Enjoy a Pest-Free Home & Yard!
You'll never have to worry about additional charges for pest control services ever again.
Sign Up for ValuePest Ultimate System Today
ValuePest provides the pest control you deserve. Unlike other pest control companies, we do not exclude any pests from our service just to charge you an arm and a leg for these "extra" services when you need them most. You will never be charged more for specialty pests such as bed bugs or termites when you sign up for our ValuePest Ultimate System service and you'll get 50% off your first service! This revolutionary pest treatment program includes termite treatment every five years and bi-monthly treatments to keep your entire home and yard pest free all year long. Our team uses the highest quality products and state-of-the-art equipment to control insects and rodents and keep them out of your life.
Make the right choice for your home and sign up for total pest protection today.
We deliver total pest control the way it should be! Call (866) 366-8683 to sign up for ValuePest Ultimate System today.
How Are We Different?
Our ValuePest Ultimate System Protects You Against All Bugs
Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back
We are so confident in our services, that we will give you your money back if you're not 100% satisfied.
No Extra Fees for Any Pest Problems
Our service professionals provide bi-monthly services to your home and yard in order to control every pest.
How We Approach Cockroach Control
Understanding cockroach biology and behavior is essential to controlling their populations inside of your home.
Our professional cockroach control process includes:
- Inspection – The first step in any professional treatment program is inspection. Where are the cockroaches nesting? What are their food and moisture sources?
- Identification – Before you can treat, you must know which species of cockroaches you are dealing with because different species will react in different ways to treatment.
- Determination – Once you have identified the species, you must determine the proper treatment process for it. Which treatments—baits, liquid repellents, or exterior granular applications—will work best for this infestation?
- Control – Ensure lasting results by properly applying products and treatments.
- Communication – The last part of a successful cockroach control program is communication. Our technician reports what was found during our inspection, what we did about it, and what you can expect from our treatment.