How to Avoid Mosquito Bites
Mosquitoes are definitely one of the most irritating pests around. Every summer they invade our barbecues and leave us covered in itchy, red bumps. The good news is, there are a few precautions you can take to avoid these unbearably uncomfortable bites.
You can avoid mosquito bites by:
- Avoiding dark clothing
- Wearing loose-fitting long sleeves, pants, and close-toed shoes
- Staying away from standing water sources such as ponds and birdbaths
- Wearing mosquito repellent
- Avoiding going outside during dusk and dawn (most popular times for mosquito breeding)
Get help removing mosquitoes from your yard for good with our Wake Forest mosquito control experts at ValuePest.
Do I Need Termite Control?
One of the most frustrating things about termites is that they can be eating away at the structure of your home for years before you ever know they are there. In order to avoid massive amounts of damage, it is best to be aware of the various signs that you have an infestation. Signs that you have termites include mud tubes around the foundation of your home, piles of small wings that have been shed, a swarm of winged ants (these are actually termites), hard-to-shut doors, visibly damaged wood, extra-creaky floors, and more.
How To Avoid Needing Termite Control
1. Keep wood off the soil - In the construction phase of your home, any builders should be aware to elevate all wooden floor boards off of the soil and make sure to keep your fire wood separate from any places that have soil underneath. If you have soil-to-wood contact then you're basically inviting termites into your home so be careful not to do that.
2. Avoid using mulch - Termites love mulch for much of the same reason plants do, it's great at retaining moisture and giving termites a hospitable environment. Consider using rocks or gravel as a substitute and if you have to use mulch, make sure there's a barrier between it and your wooden siding or floorboards to avoid needing our Wake Forest termite control experts.
3. Consider a dehumidifier for questionable places - If there's a crawl space or mulch underneath your deck, a good way to ensure you won't get termites is by adding a dehumidifier to those questionable areas. Termites need moisture to survive and if you can get rid of the humidity in a certain area you can help keep termites at bay.
4. Act quickly on all slab leaks - Not only do these leaks cause serious havoc to your home by throwing your foundation off, but moisture around the base of your home invites termites in and you'll be needing our Wake Forest termite control experts in due time.
Active Steps You Can Take To Prevent Our Wake Forest Mosquito Control Experts
- Trim your shrubs - Mosquitos thrive in shade because direct sunlight is too much for them. So unless you're looking to enjoy the shade in your backyard, trim shrubs and excess foliage to give mosquitos as little room as possible.
- Clean your gutters - When thinking about places mosquitos lay their eggs, people hardly ever consider their gutters. When you have extra leaves blocking your gutters from properly draining, then you're going to get standing water which is the perfect breeding grounds for mosquitos to lay their eggs.
- Get rid of standing water - Mosquitos need standing water in order to lay their eggs so make sure to empty buckets of rain water or anything else that might demand the attention of our Wake Forest mosquito control exterminators or else you might have a swarm soon.
- Treat your water you don't want to get rid of - If you have a pool make sure to use chlorine but if you have a water garden or some other type of aesthetic water then treat your water so that it doesn't become a haven for mosquito eggs.
- Use fans - If you're entertaining guests outside, set up a few fans at around ankle level. Mosquitos are so light that even a little bit of a breeze can knock them off course and prevent the need for our mosquito control experts.
How Did I Get Bed Bugs in My Wake Forest Home?
Bed bugs are expert hitch hikers. They will attach themselves to just about any item such as a purse, used furniture, clothing, or luggage until they make their way into your home. They easily spread from room to room making them most common in larger housing facilities such as hotels and apartments.
What To Look For When Researching Pest Control Companies
1. How long they've been in business - Having provided Wake Forest pest control services since 1989, we've seen it all. There isn't a pest or a circumstance we haven't dealt with so you can know that we'll have your back no matter what.
2. Any satisfaction guaranteed? - It takes nothing at all to make promises about the effectiveness of work, but we stand behind our work 100% and you will be satisfied with your experience with us no matter what it takes. Check our ValuePest Guarantee here to see the details of what we have for you.
3. Rave reviews - Having been the go-to Wake Forest pest control company for decades, we've collected a bunch of rave reviews. You can read through our reviews here at your leisure and give us a call to find out what our customers love about our pest control services.
4. Money saving opportunities - With our referral program, you can earn money simply by telling your friends about us. Read the details of our referral program here and let your friends know about out services to make some extra cash.
5. Expertise - Not only do we provide pest control services for mosquitoes, termites and bed bugs, but our expertise extends to spiders, silverfish and just about any pest you'll find in the Carolinas.