5 Signs You Have Termites
Termites are every homeowner’s worst nightmare. These pests can often hide away in your home for years without being caught, so we recommend becoming familiar with the signs of an infestation. That way you can have your home treated right away and minimize the amount of damage you have to deal with.
5 signs that you have termites include:
- There are mud tubes going up the foundation of your home
- You can hear quiet clicking sounds behind your walls
- Your floors are extra creaky
- Your doors are extra difficult to shut
- There are swarms of winged ants (these are actually termites) near your windows or doors
If you believe you have termites, turn to our Winston-Salem termite control pros. We understand how overwhelming a termite infestation can be and are here to handle it for you.
How To Prevent Mosquito Bites
Not only are mosquito bites incredibly irritating and unbearably itchy but they are also potentially dangerous. Mosquitoes are known to carry and transmit over 30 different diseases worldwide, including West Nile virus, malaria, Zika virus, dengue fever, yellow fever, and more. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to protect yourself against these pests.
To prevent mosquito bites, you should:
- Avoid going outside during dawn and dusk as these are the most popular mosquito breeding times
- Apply mosquito repellent before going outside
- Wear light-colored clothing
- Wear pants, socks, closed-toed shoes, long-sleeved shirts, and hats outside
- Remove water sources from your yard, including overwatered pots, birdbaths, tires, etc.
- Plant citronella, lavender, or other mosquito-repelling plants in your yard
- Hire a professional pest control company
The best way to reduce the number of mosquitoes in your yard and avoid mosquito bites is to bring in a professional team. At ValuePest, our Winston-Salem mosquito control experts are here to help.
Can I Handle My Infestation on My Own?
We know that DIY projects can be fun and rewarding, but when it comes to handling an infestation, it is best to bring in the professionals. Pest infestations often create a very unhealthy environment that can put you and your loved ones at serious risk. Whether you’re dealing with rodents, cockroaches, spiders, or any other kind of pest, you need to know how to safely treat an infestation without harming yourself, your family, or your pets, or damaging your property.
At ValuePest, our team is equipped with the highest-quality products and knows exactly how to treat any infestation, no matter how large or small. We are also prepared with the proper safety materials and training to interact safely with an infestation and with extermination products.
To put it quite simply: When you want the job done safely and effectively, call ValuePest.
Reach out to us at (866) 366-8683 to schedule a Winston-Salem pest control service. We look forward to serving you!